Sunday, May 26, 2013

School's out for summer!

     My name is Amanda McKibbon. I currently work at Two Springs where I taught 4th grade the past 2 years. Next year, I will be moving up to 5th grade. Prior to working at Two Springs, I worked at Wake Robin for 9 years, where I taught 6th grade for three years, and 4th grade for 6 years. My undergraduate degree came from Wayne State College, and my Master's came from Peru State College. I am married, and have an amazing soon-to-be 3 year old daughter. We also have a 10 year old cocker spaniel named Angel.
     I currently use my mac and rover cart on a daily basis. I try to use the clickers from time to time, as well as netbooks (though they rarely work). My old HP computers were used a great deal be my co-teacher who was completing Nebraska History projects with all of our students. I have seen another colleague testing a class set of iPads, and I admit I am insanely jealous! I want them too! I absolutely hope and wish that Bellevue will do that for all of us ASAP. I have both a mac and a pc at home, and I love each of them for different reasons. My mac is my favorite computer for all things internet, word-processing, etc... It is great to be able to have my laptop, desktop, phone, and iPad linked together! I LOVE my pc for downloading and organizing pictures and videos from my cameras. I would say I am comfortable with technology, though I know I still have much to learn!


    I am ecstatic to be spending my summer at home with my soon-to-be 3 year old daughter! She is busy, busy, busy...and I love it! Despite her keeping me busy, it's a different kind of busy that I find healing to my soul. I also get to take time to further my education with a graduate course, and several courses through my district. I love to keep learning, so even though it's work, I find it therapeutic as well. Traveling with my family is wonderful as well, even though I don't love being away from home. I look forward to visiting family members, and taking my toddler to Mall-of-America for the first time. Toward the end of summer, I'll have to prepare myself for a new grade level at school, which I find to be challenging and exciting! I hope all of you have a wonderful break too!

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of your first blog! Before moving to the middle school level many years ago, I taught 5th grade. I loved 5th graders--so sweet still and most love school. I wouldn't trade teaching 8th grade for anything, but every once in awhile, I think back to sweetness of 5th graders! Enjoy your summer with your 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete